Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pita

There’s a little falafel/schawarma joint on 38th called Pick-a-Pita which Josh introduced me to. Jenny had a run-in with some questionable chicken there, but I’ve had some seriously tasty lunches in pita format.

The caveat for dining at Pick-a-Pita is the fact that, to get to it, you have to walk through a creepy, nondescript, industrial hallway. It’s the kind of hallway where they shoot the gritty rape scene in the tough crime drama - all poor lighting and concrete floors and windowless swinging doors. For this reason, we call Pick-a-Pita, Rapey Pita.

At the end of today, I was talking with Preeta, Madlena, and George, discussing my gimpy track record and the perils of going for drinks with an unknown guy on Thursday. I was joking, in the way that’s probably asking for trouble, that he’s probably a serial killer and I’ll end up with my obituary on Page 6.

Me: Yeah, It’ll be like Rapey Pita.

Madlena: Without the pita . . .

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Are you meeting a mySpace boyfriend??

Also, I always thought you were saying "Rape-Me-Pita" and I can't decide which is funnier. "Rapey" is certainly more humorous in print!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home